Friday 22 November 2013

Steve Byram

Steve Byram is a fine artist and a professional commercial artist which I have been exploring to widen my knowledge and understanding of the incredible use of Line that he uses throughout his compositions giving them more sophistication, this is what I am hoping to achieve throughout my own practise thinking about the weight and pressure I use when using a pencil or pen when creating a line.

Here a few examples of his work;





This Image is spine-tingling with the use of marks represented gives his character more of an edge, I have been creating rubbings of inanimate objects to create this same essence throughout my work. 

Here are a few images of My Own Work of rubbings I have made then producing them into something new;

These are Ink scratchings that i created using a wooden stick. 
(can also use like a tooth pick for finer lines)


This is a rubbing using charcoal smudging and using the side of it to create variant lines in this case I used my material to produce a texture for a fence.


Here are a few of my own images consisting of line and mark making.

This rubbing was created with the use charcoal making a rubbing of textures I found on a wall that I thought looked quite effective.  

And this image is a Background I created which I can use in various images which create a more subtle essence bringing other characters together that are in front of the background.

Materials I used to produce this are vintage papers and Gouache paints throughout the process of collage which was then painted over the top with white emulsion. 



Here Is an image from a website representing Steve Byram


Here is the web link:  Screw Gun Records

1 comment:

  1. Hola, a mí también me agrada el trabajo de Steve y he tratado de reproducir algunos de sus trabajos

    ReplyDelete